Join us for our annual meeting as we learn from two fantastic speakers on trends in cardiometabolic health.
Date: Saturday, October 2nd 2021, 8 AM - 12 PM
Location: PPA Event Center, 2105 Decatur St, Denver, CO 80211
Theme: Diabetes and the Cardiometabolic Continuum
Target Audience: This activity is designed for individuals or groups of diabetes care and education specialists including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, MDs, and other health care providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with diabetes and cardiometabolic conditions.
CEU's: 2.5 credits, pending approval.
For successful completion, participants are required to attend the full activity, and complete and submit the program evaluation at the conclusion of the educational event. Your Statement of Credit will be issued upon submission of the evaluation form.
David Saxon, MD, MSc
Assistant Professor in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
University of Colorado School of Medicine
Shannon Christen, RD, CDCES
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
Division of Cardiology – Cardiac & Vascular Prevention Program
University of Colorado Hospital Anschutz Medical Campus
Please note, It is the policy of the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists to require that anyone who has an opportunity to affect continuing education activity content with products or services from a commercial interest with which s/he has financial relationships, discloses those financial relationship/s with commercial entities to participants.
Our speakers and CEU event planners have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
- 7:30 AM - 9 AM – Registration opens, Exhibitor tables
- 8:00 AM - 8:45 AM – Optional Novo Nordisk product theater with sponsored breakfast
- 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM - Session #1 – The Cardiometabolic Medicine Model: Re-Imagining Diabetes Care in 2021 with Dr. David Saxon
- 10:15 AM - 10:40 AM - Break, Networking, Exhibitor tables
- 10:40 AM - Announcements
- 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM - Session #2 – The Role of a CDCES in world of Cardiometabolic Health with Shannon Christen
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM – Closing remarks, Evaluations, Exhibitor tables
- Student/Retired $15
- Member: Early $35, Regular $45, Late $55
- Non-Member Early $55, Regular $65, Late $75
Early is through August 14th
Regular is August 15 through September 25th
Late is after September 25th
Please note, this is a half-day event. Space is limited to 100 participants
Thank you to our sponsors!